Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Rimmel Salon Pro

If you follow me on Facebook (If you don't, do it!) you'll have seen that I won 10 Rimmel Salon Pro polishes through a Facebook competition run by Rimmel Ireland .

I have seen these polishes in shops, and having never been a big Rimmel fan over the years I wasn't pushed on buying them. They are roughly €6.45 in Irish stores with a selection of 10 polishes to purchase here. There are 32 in the total collection.



The selection we get (why we don't get the option of the full 22 is very strange in my opinion) is varied from red to blue to dark grey, and a washed out peach.

I tried three of these polishes on for size; Reggae Splash (a peach) Hip Hop (a coral red) and Punk Rock (a dark grey with purple tone)

First up: Reggae Splash. I will comment on the brush used for this range- it's large (too large for my tiny fingers) and a strange shape, quite like the Catrice brush. I am not a fan but brush size is a personal opinion! This is a really washed out peach. It looks yellow in the photo above but it's not. It took four coats to get this opacity (which is far too many coats) and the colour just doesn't do it for me. It's bland, and has no real pop to it. I was quite disappointed with this one.






Next Up I have Hip Hop - in the bottle this looks quite coral- but maybe that's because it's sitting beside a deep red! On the nails, it has a coral/bright pink tone in it which I really like. I found it quite similar to Barry M Gelly Passion Fruit but with less of a pop to it. I liked it - and used two coats to reach this opacity. It's a good polish to own, as a go-to polish. It is that type of shade you will wear again and again.





Lastly, Punk Rock. This one is my favourite. This also took two coats and I would describe this as a dark grey with purple tones. It glided on and just looks amazing against pale skin! A must have dark neutral polish for anyone's collection!







2 comments:

S said...

Congrats on your win! I've never been a huge fan of Rimmel polish, but I've picked up the odd lasting finish one that was okay. I like the shine on these but I'm not sure I'm wowed by any of the colours x

All the little things - Irish Beauty Blog said...

Love Reggae Splash! xxx